Friday, March 02, 2007

One Blogger Issue Solved, Sort Of.

I figured out one part of the issues I'm having with Blogger. Apparently Firefox is not reading Blogger's Word Verification. I was commenting on WLST and discovered the same thing that had been described to me -- the screen tells you to enter the word you see but it doesn't appear.

A couple more clues. Mozilla recently put out an update after a number of bulletins went out about security holes in Firefox. Also, when I opened Jill's Haloscan comments window in IE, a security warning popped up saying the page included secure and unsecure information.

I am not willing to turn off Word Verification and subject this blog to another flood of offers to check out Male Enhancement Blog. My advice -- if you want to comment, open an IE window. I'll keep an eye out for when Mozilla, or Google, gets this fixed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

For what it is worth, I posting this comment using Firefox and I can see the word verification just fine. Of course, I am not on windows....

Anonymous said...

I'm on FF and windows and now everything's fine. Which brings us back to the foul mouthed pooh: oh, *()&%^ bother.

John Ettorre said...

Wow, at last an answer. I haven't been able to figure out what the problem was. A handful of friends/acquaintances have told me they're experiencing that problem, but none of us could figure out why. Now we have our answer, for which I thank you.