Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Scott Pullins Is . . .

Here’s the story as I’ve told it in real life, but not yet on the blog. When I wrote a post about the head of the Ohio Taxpayer’s Association supporting the RON amendments, the first draft described him as something like “arch-conservative blogger and all-around douchebag Scott Pullins.” Then I reconsidered, thinking “I don’t really know that Pullins is a douchebag. I disagree with him on pretty much everything, but conservatism isn’t equivalent to douchebaggery.”

So I set a personal policy at that point: I won’t describe someone as being a douchebag unless I know he’s a douchebag.

Pullins actually rolled in with some enlightening comments on the RON post. He also chimed in later on a TEL post saying that OTA wouldn’t support TEL if the local restriction required a majority vote of all registered voters to override. These are the sorts of comments that make a blog good. I just set the table -- when people show up with either new information or good arguments, that's when this thing is really humming.

Generally I try to keep a high tone here. I prefer real debate to name calling. I’ve always been a “More Flies with Honey” kind of guy. Once in a while I’ll bust out with something harsh or profane or both if the situation calls for it. But I’m not going to use invective against someone just because we disagree. I'm just not that guy. Plus the blog seems to have certain credibility among readers and bloggers who aren't necessarily as liberal as I. All this backs up my policy on the "douchebag" gloss.


So I read about Pullins’ conflict with State Rep. Thomas Collier (R- Mount Vernon) along with his generally litigious nature and said hmmmmm. Well, I never said he isn’t a douchebag, just that I won’t call him one without proof.

Now, after reading about his sleazy riff on the anti-T-d S--------d whisper campaign (using logic that would also prove that Harriet Myers is a lesbian), I’m ready to make the call:

Scott Pullins is a douchebag. So is anyone else who goes there.

12 comments:

grandpaboy said...

...but conservatism isn’t equivalent to douchebaggery.

Given what passes for "conservatism" in the public arena these days, I don't know if you could back that up.

Anonymous said...

funny thing over at the pullins report when I followed your link.

Seems he's running ad sense, and in using the word "gay" in the title, Pullins inadvertantly is running an ad for gay adoption on his site (or was about one minute ago).

folks, this is serendipity at it's most hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Oh, he's a huge douchebag. Go ahead and speak truth to douchebaggery.

k-pho said...

Anon,

speak truth to douchebaggery.

That is the single funniest thing I've read all week. It may be my new motto.

Scott Piepho said...

Red:

The irony you point out is FABULOUS.

Anon:

I echo my brother. Trying to squelch the laugh so as not to distract my daughters from story time, I think I hurt myself.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So, so funny.

I'm a Knox County transplant myself, a legal mind now here in Akron. Every once in a while I check up on the Mount Vernon scene. I got wind of this guy a few months back, and I had to look up the stories, just to see if they are true.

I just don't understand...Scott hasn't even been practicing law for three years, and he's already suing half of the state. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets disbarred by 2010.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Now he is trying to obtain the identities of Knox County posters by sending a subpoena to the owner of the forums. I would have to say that if the owners give him what he wants, it is going to open up a very large can of worms.

Scott Piepho said...

For an explanation about the deleted comment go here.

The Grumpy Bachelor said...

To see Pullins in action go to http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/07/05/31/pullins.html

The Grumpy Bachelor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.