Friday, January 13, 2006

Meme'd

Jill tagged me with a meme which made me think about the milestones in the life of a blog.

-First Comment
-First Link
-First First Blogroll
-First Flame
-First Meme

As to the last, this is my first. Of course we political bloggers [Voice of Gravity and Importance] don't go in for such things. But Jill tagged me, Jill is my buddy, I will do this for Jill.

The meme goes like this:

1. go to your archive
2. find the 23rd post
3. find the 5th sentence
4. post the text of the sentence in a blog entry along with these instructions
5. tag 5 other people

So I went to my 23rd post and it's this post which was a milestone in it's own right. It was the first time folks in the NEO 'sphere showed an interest, led to my first meetup, my first blogroll (don't know if Callahan or George was first) and pretty much everything that has happened since.

The fifth sentence -- assuming the list is subsumed into the third -- reads: "I would read The Chief Source more often, it being Akron-based, if 1) it didn't take so infernally long to load and 2) they would write up a local story at least once in a while."

*Sigh* Still true today.

So I tag:

Whichever Horse at Psychobilly Dem gets this first
jaclyn
El Jefe (can you count posts at your site?)
Daniella
judeandelise

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Consider it done, after I get home from work, nap, feed the kids, and all that good stuff.

Jill said...

See how cool this is? See how people can impact people? It's not all bad, everyone. I swear. (And I'm still denying the moniker "political" blog. I'm eclectic, dammit! Eclectic I say!)