Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Last "Tim Is Missing" Post

Until Tim shows up and tells us what happened, this will be my last post on the matter. I don't want my somewhat facetious post seeking wild-ass speculation to mutate into a whisper campaign that the Brown camp actually did sue Tim. So I wrote Phil DeVelis and asked directly. Here is my question:

Did Sherrod Brown or anyone connected with his campaign file or threaten
litigation against Tim Russo, Gerardo Orlando and/or BuckeyePolitics.Net?
Are you aware of anyone else who either filed or threatened litigation
against BuckeyePolitics.Net?

His reply:
Thanks for your e-mail. We have no idea what is going on. We're just as stumped on what happened as everyone else.
When I spoke to him on the phone, he reiterated the above. The Brown campaign doesn't know why Tim has disappeared.

The die-hards might say that Phil is lying, but that seems absurd to me. Only a fool would lie about something that so obviously will leave a paper trail, and Phil is no fool.

So we're back to square zero. I have some WAGs of my own that I will keep to myself since flogging the story no longer interests me. When Tim re-emerges I will dance a merry jig.

0 comments: