For some time I've seen and heard pro-Hillary statements that supposedly came from regular folks, but that sounded an awful lot like talking points. For example, this comment from last week (read also my response). And then today an anonymouse dropped links to the CTV story. And for the past few weeks Diane Rehm fields at least one call from a Hillary supporter who sounds for all the world like he/she is reading off a card.
Well, I got this a couple days ago from the Hillary Campaign. It went out to contributors:
- Join the Hillary Rapid Response Team
We have worked too hard, We have come too far, and We have fought too long to allow our candidate, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, to get unjust treatment in the media and on the internet.
This has not been a fair fight when it comes to how our candidate's words and actions are misrepresented and misconstrued to voters. The other candidate has been given a "pass" and handled with "kid gloves" while our candidate is consistently damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.
The time is now to join the HILLARY RAPID RESPONSE team and fight the factual untruths.
Sign up here!
What is a RAPID RESPONDER:
* Someone who speaks the truth, to all forms of media, about our candidate's message and positions.
* Someone who counters the attacks with factual truths.
* Someone who stands up against the constant and negative bashing of our candidate.
What do you get as a RAPID RESPONDER:
* Daily talking points about our candidate's positions.
* Daily talking points about how the opposition is misleading voters with false statements.
* The satisfaction that you ARE MAKING A DIFFERENCE on the campaign.
This is a dodgy business. On the one hand, it makes sense for a campaign to make supporting information available to supporters. On the other hand, sending out "talking points" in effect
For some time, even before getting this suspicion-confirming email, too many pro-Hillary statements have sounded canned. Having gotten this, it's hard to take many as genuine. Jill's Hillary SUPPORTER is an obvious exception.
*Proofread, Pho. Proofread.