Friday, November 11, 2005

Tom Sawyer May Run in OH-13

According to today's Beacon Journal (scroll down to the end of the story), Sawyer has taken out petitions.

Interesting. The BJ doesn't say whether he has moved yet. Presumably he was in OH-17 when he lost to Ryan. Has he moved yet, or is he just testing the waters?

He probably won't have a free pass in. Lorain Co. Commissioner Ted Kelo has expressed interest. More of Kelo's base lives in the 13th than Sawyers. Also, the stumbles in his wife's campaign for Clerk of Courts also makes me wonder if he has lost a step.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apropos of nothing... I sat next to Tom Sawyer and his wife at the Summit County Council open hearing on the Smoking Ban.

I felt bad cause I was laughing so hard and not trying to be rude but then I looked over and they were both welled up with tears of laughter too so I felt better about my personal lack of poise.

Scott Piepho said...

Dude, don't be shy about a little site promotion. That Dextrometh post about the hearing was killer. When something that good goes up on Cool People and it fits here, feel free to drop a link.

Anonymous said...

k, will do. Not trying to be shy, I'm just.. err.. ummm.. lazy? LOL.