Monday, February 06, 2006

Change Is in the Air

I am currently in the final stages of negotiating a contract to do part-time organizing for an advocacy group that I've thus far volunteered with. Inevitably, this will change things somewhat here at the Akron pages. For one thing, I anticipate far fewer posts candidate-centered politics and more about public policy -- less naming names and calling people out and more discussion of what is to be done. For another, I may need to rethink how I blog about education issues.

I say this as a heads-up, but also as a plea for advice. As I think this through, I'd love to hear from people with experience navigating between a professional and a blogging life. You can start a discussion in comments or email me at pho197 (at) hotmail (dot) com. TIA.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wishing you the best of luck, Pho. They're lucky, and we're lucky, to have you working for whichever entity it is. I look forward to hearing more (seeing as how I like the education stuff too).

Anonymous said...

I don't have a blog but I just comment on other people's blogs. When I do, and when it's something that involves where I work or the industry or whatever, I usually give a disclaimer that I'm involved in such&such or whatever, none of the opinions here should be considered those of company X or organization Y or whatever. I think that between that, being careful not to discuss anything that isn't supposed to be public, and not using it as a way of promoting your job or whatnot, you should be in the clear.

I think Chris Geidner's dealt with this discussion on his blog. chrisgeidner.com/blog.