Friday, June 05, 2009

Friday Randomness

The kids are off school for the summer. This means that if I sleep in with them (as happened today) most serious blogging will have to wait until the evening.

The sting of the Caveliers' early exit from the NBA playoffs is a lot sharper as we watch our vanquishers unable to play with the Lakers. Safe to say that if Dan Gilbert is serious about bringing a championship to town, he's going to be doing some serious shopping this summer.

Apparently Chip Bok is "under fire" for another tasteless insensitive cartoon. If you don't mind be tasteless and insensitive, there's really no excuse for also being stubbornly unfunny.

I like Obama's speech. But for sheer entertainment value I prefer the handwringing in the conservasphere about how acknowledging that other countries a) exist and b) have a point of view is one step away from AONEWORLDSOCIALSISTISLAMICSTATE!!!!!!

Now here it is, your moment of ten:

  1. Parliament, “Up for the Downstroke”
  2. Modest Mouse, “The View”
  3. A Tribe Called Quest, “Check the Rhyme”
  4. Radiohead, “Wolf at the Door”
  5. John Coltrane, “Syeeda’s Song Flute”
  6. The Ramones, “Somebody Put Something in my Drink”
  7. Wilco, “Hoodoo Voodoo”
  8. Bjork, “Headphones”
  9. Brooks and Dunn, “I’m No Good”
  10. Elvis Costello, “Lipstick Vogue”

3 comments:

fausto said...

...there's really no excuse for also being stubbornly unfunny.

hasn't that always been the real problem with the former ABJ doodler in chief?

Scott Piepho said...

My point exactly

Anonymous said...

Wow. I guess I always thought I was the only one who felt this way. You mean I could have been comiserating with others all this time?