Sunday, December 09, 2007

Romney the Panderer

Every campaign needs a theme song. I submit the following for Mitt Romney's campaign. Just trying to help out.

To the tune of "The Wanderer" by Dion and the Belmonts.

    Oh well I'm the type of guy whose positions move around
    Where ever the base is, well you know that I’ll be down.
    And if I have a view that isn’t quite pro-life,
    I’ll quietly change my mind, then give a speech about my wife.
    They call me the panderer - yeah - the panderer
    I pander again again again again.

    Oh well there's moderates on my left wing, Evangelicals on my right
    And Club for Growth’s the group yeah that I'll be with tonight
    And when they ask if Huckabee will overtake my campaign
    I’ll talk about religion, but not of Gesthemane
    'Cause I'm a panderer - yeah - a panderer
    I pander again again again again.

    Oh well I roam from flop to flip
    I change positions without a care
    I’m always ready with a quip
    And my big flashing smile and really great hair

    Oh, I'm the type of guy that likes to flip and flop
    I'm never in one place when I see my numbers drop
    And if we’re all debating and Rudi starts to flow
    I'll throw rights to the wind and promise to double Guantanamo.
    Yeah I'm a panderer, yeah a panderer
    I pander again again again again.
Amazing what comes to you in the shower. Do not under any circumstances assume I will produce similar works for the other candidates.



OK, I might have ideas for a song about Rudy to the tune of Iron Man, but no promises.

2 comments:

Jason Haas said...

I am Liarman?

Anonymous said...

Here's another parody, sung to the tune of the Beverly Hillbillies.

That site, romneyforpresident.townhall.com also has a link to another parody, "I am Mormon, hear me roar." (It's a few posts down below the link above.)

Like Mormonism, the blog isn't what it seems.

(Funny photos too!)