Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Kathy Griffin Coming to Akron

Kathy Griffin has become so identified with the gay community that a dude is tempted to drop an “I’m not gay, but” before saying nice things about her. Het guys, back me up here. There are certain subjects that cannot be broached without an Imnotgaybut to start. Imnotgaybut . . . “You look good in that suit,” or “This new hair gel is tight” or “I really liked that production of The Fantasticks.”

So.

I’m not gay but I really like Kathy Griffin. And she’s coming to Akron (right off performing at the Milwaukee PrideFest, no less.) June 9 she will be at the Akron Civic Theatre.

Apparently they are still taping her reality show, so that might be going on. But more importantly, there's at least the chance we can see Kathy Griffin while Paris Hilton is in jail. I'm not gay, but that would be FABULOUS!!!

3 comments:

ohdave said...

You forgot to say "not that there's anything wrong with that."

Pat Jenkins said...

I am not gay, "not there's anything wring with that" and I wouldn't walk across the street to see her, but I hope you enjoy the show!!!

John Ettorre said...

It's news to me that she's come to be associated with gay males. But then, that whole world is pretty foreign to me. Surely I can't be alone in thinking that what she's most associated with in my mind, and for all times, is Jerry Seinfeld. She was simply hilarious when she played his would-be protege, who eventually ridicules him as part of her act. Through the diesel power of never-ending Seinfeld re-runs, she'll live on in that context for decades to come.