As you may have noted from my Twitter feed, I've been battling the flu for nigh on two weeks now. Don't know if it was swine or regular, but it certainly felt like the usual My head is finally clear enough for me to think about writing for public consumption again.
While I was sick I kept myself going in part by visualizing the anti-vaccine right wing yappers getting this thing. Because anyone engaging in that level of irresponsible asshattery deserves to suffer at least as much as I did. Of course I didn't pry the time out of my schedule to get the flu shot myself, but I won't parade that misstep as some great poltical statement.
To get things moving again, a quick random ten:
- Yo La Tengo, "You Can Have It All"
- Clint Black, "Muddy Water"
- Elvis Costello, "Jump Up"
- Duke Ellington, "I Got It Bad (And That Ain't Good)
- The Decemberists, "The Sporting Life"
- Billie Holiday, "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man"
- Traveling Wilburys, "Dirty World"
- Mountain Goats, "Lion's Teeth"
- Akron/Family, "Creatures"
- Mates of State, "My Only Offer"