Monday, October 22, 2007

. . . And We're Back

So, um, I said I'd be offline for three weeks, right? Yes, that turned out far longer than I anticipated. Partly it was about The Thing that I was working on. The Thing will remain nameless for the time being because I am plagued by a superstitious fear of jinxes. But anyway, The Thing took a long time and wasn't done when I thought it was done and gave it to the person who kicked it back and said, among other things, that we needed a new Thinglet. And as soon as the first Thing deadline passed, I got a pile of papers from my class, so I was grading and Thing working at the same time.

And as a thin shaft of daylight appeared, an intestinal virus marched through the House of Pho, extending everything that much.

Anyway, I'm back now. If the past is an indication, it will take a while to hit blogging stride. But we'll get there.

9 comments:

JK said...

Welcome Back!

Chris Brown said...

Missed you.

Anonymous said...

What they said.

Anonymous said...

i didn't notice you were gone.

k-pho said...

Welcome back.


Lemmee guess: If the Indians had managed to win one of those last 3, we wouldn't have seen you for a week and a half...

Ed Esposito said...

Now reading the web is complete again. Welcome back to the Machine, hope the time off was cleansing even if the Thing needed doing...

Village Green said...

Hooray! Nothing ever looked finer in my Google Reader than a brightly lit Pho post to be read!

Irrelevant Prolixity said...

Glad you are back

Jeff said...

Hey, welcome back, Scott!

Nice to see you posting again.